Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Tips - Half Price!

So it's always nice to treat yourself to a little bit of un-healthy delicious tasting not very good for you calories! Halloween candy! Since I am too old to trick-or-treat I buy my halloween candy november 1st at half price. I get somethign that I know I am going to enjoy yet... take a while to go through. This year I bought lolli-pops.. I am a sucker for suckers! Love them to bits! So I bought a bag of those for like 3 dollars and it's going to last me probably until I'm married.. That's half a year away! Eric also bought some chocolate bars but I know those arent going to last the boys very long at all! :)

Another tip would be to stock up on half price halloween costumes. If you have a costume in mind I suggest picking it up after halloween. Costumes, masks, hats etc.. all go on sale on november 1st. This also gives you an excuse to buy crazy make-up. You can always use razt make-up for a night out at the bar, playing dress-up with younger siblings or cousins or theme nights at girl guides or scouts. Something along those lines. One thing I ALWAYS make sure I do when I'm shopping for a halloween costume is, I look for something I can use it for again. I try and come up with a couple characters just to see how many I can come up with. This year I bought a purple witch hat, but it was so crazy looking that I gave it to my mom, punched in the point and called her the mad-hatter! I bought a black hooded cape.. which I can reuse next fall as part of a darth vader costume for the Dorchester Cub Camp because the theme is Star Wars!

So that's my first tips and tricks blog post, hope someone found this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment