I am going to get a new notebook, and I'm going to dedicate it to the new me. With the new year approaching, I feel like I would love to make some life style changes. Not new years resolutions cause I feel like you can make a resolution to yourself whenever you need to. I would like to start it in the new year, because I feel like with a new year, and a new attitude anything is possible. I have many alarms set on my phone hoping that I can pick up the habit and remember to do them so that I can just do it without even thinking and make that part of who I want to be.
1. I'm going to start eating healthier. I'm going to try and track what I eat by making simple menus for myself, and keeping track of easy simple menu ideas I can make for myself that don't put a lot of crap into my body
2. I'm going to cut down on snacking. I'm not going to cut it out completely, because I have a bad habit of it, and I don't want my body to constantly crave the sugar i so often put into it.I'm also going to make tasty healthier snack options when I do feel like I need something other than chips and chocolate.
3. I'm going to start going for walks again, every morning. If I miss my walk in the morning, I will go at night. I'm going to make it a goal to get outside and be physical for at least 20 minutes to start. When I am comfortable with 20 minutes, I will increase my activity time. When the summer comes I am going to add in things like roller blading and bike riding.
4. Along with my walks I am going to use the wii fit every day. I'm hoping to make this an after dinner activity.
5. My mommy is moving, and said that her exercise glider is going to come and visit me. Aside from my walks, and the wii fit I'm going to use the glider for an hour everyday. This hour is going to occur in between 10-11am, because I'm going to exercise and watch Ellen at the same time. This way I don't get bored, and am tempted to stop doing it because I have nothing to do while I'm on it. Also, if I get tired and need a washroom break or a water break I can take them on commercials, this way the break is no longer than 4-6 minutes long.
6. I have a habit of not eating. I got into the habit a little while ago, but I never stuck to it, because I had many other things to worry about, I let my bad days control my life and when I had bad days, i wouldn't eat. I did this for control. I couldn't control when I had a bad day or how long it would last... 1 hour 3 days 1 week.. But I'm going to keep myself going and force myself to make the decisions I know I need to make. I'm going to make sure that I eat at least 3 meals a day, and try and schedule them the best that I can.
7. Instead of just being interested in something and knowing very little about the field, I'm going to research things of interest. Lately I've re discovered my love for interior design, and I've been watching A LOT (like 20 hours a day) of the home and garden network. This has re inspired and re created my love for interior design. I'm going to make a habit of looking further into the things I love doing. Photography - Teaching - Designing - Creating
8. I have decided I need to be more creative. I'm creative with ideas, and throwing parties and things that that. I would love to focus this into more crafty things. Kat has really inspired me to do more things like that. I would love to learn how to knit, Kat is teaching me that. My mom gave me a lot of her old crochet books, I'm going to teach myselfe how to do that. I have also decided that once the holidays are over I'm going to use the craft room for what its for.. crafts.
9. I would like to make a habit of volunteering somewhere.. At the hospital, or vet office.. something like that! Maybe once or twice a week would be really cool.
10. Last but not least, I want to make a stand against bullying. My poor little cousins are scared to go to school because of the bullies. I would love to try and make a voice for those who don't have one. I realize that the schools have a 0 tolerance for bullies, but that doesn't seem to make them go away. And I know that nothing will, but If I can get my cubs and others in scouting involved in something that will make a loud voice against bullies, and change even just one life, then my goal is accomplished.
Those are my 10 promises to myself for the new year!! What are your new year traditions going to be?
xox
No comments:
Post a Comment